Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Book Review: Where Women Create

Once in a while, I'm going to review stuff. I enjoy reading opinions before I buy something so maybe this will help someone out there. Or maybe not, but I'm going to do it anyway because I feel like it. So there!

Where Women Create: Inspiring Work Spaces of Extraordinary Women by Jo Packham.
I love this book! Essentially, it is a coffee table book of beautiful photos of women artists in their work space. Whatever that space is for them. There is quite a bit of text as well, telling about how each artist organizes, how she feels about her studio and how she uses it. Each artist has a favorite quote as well, which is one of my favorite parts. This book is not a how-to book about decorating or organizing, it is all about inspiration.
I would have liked the book for the photos alone. I love seeing other peoples creative spaces. It feels very inspiring. But the text adds a great deal to an already enjoyable topic.
Since I am never free to just sit around and read books, I have been slowly savoring the book one artist at a time. It is becoming one of my favorite books in my collection.

1 comment:

Mo'a said...

I ordered this book after I got your e-mail.....still waiting for it perhaps today :)
I love to see other people studios, I am always first in line when a studio tour comes around.
Thank you :)